Tomorrow is our church’s New Years Breakfast. I completely forgot about this until I got the reminder email, so I scrambled to find something to make. Turned out to be a fantastic recipe.
Vegetarian Breakfast Quiche
- 1 tbsp butter + 1/2 tbsp
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large handful of greens, I used Power Greens, you can use kale, chard, spinach
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 3 ounces of bree or cream cheese
- 1 tsp ground garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a cast iron skillet or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Brown onions and sweet potatoes. Stir occasionally.
- Chop up greens, when potatoes are golden brown fold into the pan.
- Butter a pie dish to keep quiche from sticking. (You can also spray with cooking spray). Once greens are wilted add into the pie dish.
- In a blender, whip egg whites, eggs, cheese, garlic, pepper, salt and rosemary. Once frothy, pour over vegetables. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
P.S. Since I’m trying to keep myself accountable here…. today was another great day. I’m really starting to feel amazing. My energy has gone back up, I’m not hungry all the time and I’m sleeping better. To be honest though, I am doing my Whole 30 challenge with a bit of modification. I am eating dairy in moderation, and peanuts in moderation. I haven’t found either of those to bother me in the past when I’ve eaten clean/paleo.